>My Little Treasure Box
If you’re a reader of my blog, you may remember a couple things. First, that my plans, however simple they may be, usually tank. In keeping with that particular tradition, here’s the outcome of our movie plans: The Book of Eli was out, even at Red Box. Still, we did get to watch Alice, which was really pretty cool, if a lot strange. Since we did get to see this one, and a few nights ago we watched Sherlock Holmes (a must see, too) I was okay about missing Eli.
The second thing: I have allergies and right now, a cough to go with them. Around 3am this morning, I woke up coughing like crazy, then again at 6:30. I had to take the sleepy making cough med. Threw our Zoo plans out the window. All our family is out with other plans (they, as well as Honey, have strange days/hours, so getting together is like coordinating a presidential visit), so I’m hoping Honey will go play with the guys from work. I’m gonna be fighting sleep all day and not be much company…
I do have several things I want to finish up today and tomorrow. One of them being the final organization of my little office. In sorting various items, I came across this little chest. Do you have one, or something similar? It came in a graduation packet, a genuine Lane Cedar Chest. I keep little mementos in it. I opened it up and got lost in nostalgia for a bit….
Inside, I found the following:
- Nephew’s band-aid from a ridiculous paternity suit when his parents momentarily lost their minds during their divorce
- thank you notes from Niece after she first learned to print
- note from Brother, yelling at me ‘cuz I didn’t come to the door when he stopped by (I must have been gone with a friend)
- various women’s conference tags
- printed out verse from Joshua 1:9
- floral envelope from flowers Sister sent me (don’t know where the card is)
- Carowinds ticket from my runaway/getaway trip with my friend Carol (we had so much fun)
- a funny note from Honey when we were dating and working beside each other
- doodles to color from Honey (he knew how to reach my inner child-I LOVE to color in doodles)
- various movie tickets with Nephew and Honey, including: Aladdin, Air Force One, Jungle to Jungle, Tall Tale and many, many more…
- tiny heart pendants I won for something…?
- a Canadian penny
- original scribbles for poems, including Black and Blue
- ticket stubs from a Ray Boltz and Aaron Jeoffery concert I went to with friends
- an elementary school visitors sticker-I went for my Niece on grandparent’s day-all her grandparents are deceased
- an obituary from the New York Times for JRR Tolkien-I found it in a used book I’d gotten
- birthday balloons for Honey
- Russell Stover candy ribbons
- vellum flower wrapping from the first flowers Honey got me
- beads Nephew got me with tickets earned at school-they can use them to “buy” things-he often thought of me
- a gift card holder from Brother In Law for WalMart for Christmas
- a pin from work (the factory that shut down) for being a Mentor to new employees
- various coins, doodads, push pins, etc.