>Okay, Okay. I’ll Tell The Truth
Well, it’s time for me to fess up and let you know the answers to the seven questions from the Creative Writer Blogger Award.
1. I really have traveled as far as El Paso. We (mom and I) went to pick up my sister. Her then husband was stationed there and she was pregnant and very sick and he couldn’t get leave time. I learned that I couldn’t easily live where it’s flat and without lots of trees. I also learned I DON’T LIKE LONG ROAD TRIPS!
2. I really can write like this. If I can talk Honey into it, I’ll video the process.
3. *eek* Yep. I’m a cradle robber. Or a cougar. Which sounds better? Or less creepy?
4. Where we (Honey and my sister and I) used to work, before the layoff, safety was a big deal. Contests were always happening and when they offered $250 for some kind of safety skit, I got two of my friends together and came up with an idea. We’d make a movie! I wrote a skit, picked out the music, and directed. One of the two, Janie, edited and put in the music. We dressed as Emmett Kelly type clowns and one of the maintenance men made us cars from cardboard boxes. It was lots of fun and really pretty cool. That’s me in the middle. And below, I’m sticking out my tongue at my brother who’s taking the picture.
5. At the Center, we are privileged to go to Conference every September. (Not this year-it moved to a too-far-away city. But it will be back next year!) Director and Assistant come up with all sorts of team building exercises. Imagine-at a large, swanky hotel, twenty some people running through, up, down, in, and out-on a scavenger hunt. We have had to find items all over the hotel, inside and out. Business cards signed by the owners. White rocks. A flyer from a specific class. A menu from a particular eatery. A receipt with a stranger’s name on it. Any bizarre thing they could come up with. The winners would get an extra day off with pay. And let me tell you, WE. ARE. COMPETITIVE!
I was on a team once with a VERY pregnant co-worker and I laughed so hard I couldn’t walk, much less run. She held her large round tummy and took off like a sprinter. One of the items we once needed was a black sock. It was summer! If anyone had socks at all, they were white! The only people we could find with black socks were the gentlemen behind the check in desk!!! The guy we hit up had already given a sock to an opposing team. He generously gave us his other one 🙂 We didn’t win but we didn’t care. We were happy to not get thrown out of the place 😛 Oh, we did return the nice guy’s socks!
This was also the time when we went out an exit that set off an alarm. We ran faster than security, but it was quiet dizzying to go down twenty four flights of stairs at top speed…round and round and round…whew!
7. I do NOT have a hand written letter, addressed to me, from Stephen King. It’s from Dean Koontz.