>Award Winning Rule Breaking……Huh?
I’m sure you all are familiar with the term irony, right? Well, guess what happened just after I did the post about the lost info awards? I visited Donna Hole….and she had an award for me! Hahahahaha…..I don’t know if I deserve awards, but I DO know I can’t be trusted to keep up with them! So I’m passing this along ASAP so it doesn’t get misplaced somewhere.
BTW, if you haven’t met Donna, go over and check her out. She writes with an honesty and vulnerability that belies her underlying strength. She also has LOTS in common with me, which makes me worry for her a bit….
Her excerpts are pretty darn great, too. So, while you’re over checking out her blog, I’m going to finish posting the rules. Please keep the chuckling to a minimum. I really do try to follow them…..
1. Share 10 things that make you happy.
2. Pass the award along to 10 friends so they can share what makes them happy.
That sounds easy enough, right? Are you snickering?
Okay. Ten things that make me happy.
First, did you ever see Inside The Actor’s Studio? The host would always end the interview with a standardized series of questions before turning the guest loose with the audience for a q & a session. One of the questions was what sound or noise do you love. On a scrapbook page, I answered that question with the items listed in #1:
1. My husband’s voice, my brother’s laughter, and rain. (Look, right off the bat, I’ve broken a rule! Yeehaw! Well, I do have a rep to maintain!)
2. My nieces and nephews
3. My sister in law, my niece in law and all their fur and feather babies
4. Music….type depends on mood
5. Hugs and kisses from the kids in my class. Actually, the kids in my class….
6. Co-Teacher, Director, Assistant, and some of my other co-workers and some really good friends
7. All of you. Like Donna, I love your comments, your posts, that you can make my day, make me cry, make me laugh, and make me think
8. My kitties, even though they tear up the house, fill it with hair, lay all over the ‘puter (they love the noises and pictures it makes!), and use me as either a bed or a chew toy!
9. Movies and books and sleep and my Tempur topper
10. October through March-cool weather, color everywhere, family, togetherness, coziness, warm blankets, long shadows, the smells, the solitude, the crispness…..all of it.
Maybe I cheated, but I do have a list of ten. That has to count!
Blech! Here’s the hard part! Pass it to ten friends?!!!!! Hmmmm………
Oh, I give up! Dang, I am such a rebel! A non-law abiding blogger! A cyber Sinatra!
First, to ten friends who’ve really been there for me for a long while now, in no particular order:
1. Charlene at Another Painting Blog
2. Roland at Writing in the Crosshairs
3. Theresa at Substitute Teacher’s Saga
4. Aubrie at Flutey Words
5. Carla at Paper Clippings of a Wandering Artist
6. Jenny at Jenny Matlock
7. Olivia at That Rebel With a Blog
8. Vatche at The Student Writer’s Mind
9. Mary at One Perfect Bite
10. Anne at Piedmont Writer
Bonnie at From a Writer’s Kitchen
Second, to newer friends that make an impact on me:
1. Jules at Trying to Get Over the Rainbow
2. Carol at Under the Tiki Hut
3. Coreen at Velvet Over Steel
4. Denise at L’Aussie Writing
5. Summer at ….and this time concentrate!
6. Jen at unedited
7. Nicole at Nicole Murray WIP
8. L. Diane Wolfe at Spunk on a Stick’s Tips
9. Jennie Bailey at Garden Full of Lily
10. Rafi at Escape From Apathy
Maryann at It’s Not All Gravy
I would love to pass this on to every single one of you. This was really really hard!
Pssssst! (If you wish to have it, just take it. I won’t tell. Promise. Look at all the rules I just broke! And I would have given it to you anyway, but I’m trying really hard to conform *wink*)
Thank you again, Donna, for thinking of me. I hope you and everyone else has a great rest of the week!
la di da di da hmm um hmm………
my new daybed
my yummy blanket/throw Honey got me one year for my birthday
lush fuzzy socks for sliding in the hallway
chips with melted cheese and salsa
grapes and cheese
my DADDY (not the donor)
you should stop reading now….
a child’s innocent wonder
good hair days
being the help that someone needed
squirrels and chipmunks
birds in flight
homemade chicken pot pie
old movies on an early Saturday morning, wrapped in a blanket sipping hot cocoa….
the earthy smell of rain
you’re still here?
‘k. I’m going now……really……