>FINALLY, Passing Along Some Awards!
Hello everyone! Hope your week was a good one and that you’re heading into a relaxing/fun/exciting weekend. I’m trying to get caught up on everything and one of the first things I want to do is pass along some awards. For those of you who gave them to me, I’m sorry it’s taken so long to acknowledge and pass them around. I’m remedying that right now!
Without further ado:
This lovely award was given to me by Tara at Feel of Something New, Madeleine at Scribble and Edit, The Blogger Formerly Known As, and Marcy at Maine Words. If you haven’t checked out any of these ladies, you’re missing some fantastic bloggers. Sharp wit, great writing tips, useful linkage, and lots of fun. Give them a visit; you’ll want to follow them, I’m sure. Thank you Tara and Madeleine and Blogger Formerly Known as and Marcy for thinking of me!
And now, for passing it on…
Link back to the person who gave it to you.
Give 7 facts about yourself.
Award 15 great bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
Contact them and tell them about the award
Seven facts about me? Hmmmm……
1. I’ll never forget seeing the leaves on the trees for the first time when I got my glasses in third grade.
2. Every day in the summer, my sister and cousins and I swam in a creek….with snakes.
3. I once set off a neighborhood panic because I’d crawled into my baby sister’s crib (who’s only 18 months younger than I) and went to sleep under her blankets with her. Mom couldn’t find me and no one thought to look in the crib….for a while, at least.
4. I can be terribly impulsive.
5. I’m not into candlelit dinners and big romantic gestures.
6. My favorite food in the whole wide world is pasta….and I still get to eat it!
7. I was named after Rebecca Boone from the TV show Daniel Boone, or so I was told. (I was supposed to be a boy and they only had a boy’s name picked out.)
I’m actually going to follow the rules here and pass it on to 15 new people. I’m awarding my 15 newest followers:
You weren’t counting, were you?
Simon from Spellmaking gave me this particular award a while back. It’s supposed to be given to those who’ve been in some way inspirational. I really don’t know how I qualify (I’m terribly random), but thank you very much, Simon! If you haven’t met Simon, he writes some very beautiful, amusing, and clever things and posts some of them on his blog. He has books that I hope get published soon (so I can read the whole story!), twitter fiction, and novellas. He also keeps us up to date with technology and publishing. Really, go check him out!
I’m supposed to pass this on to writers who inspire me. Wow, that could take a long time. I’ve thought about this and here is my solution. I am inspired by all of you. I really am. You make me laugh, cry, think, gasp…..and you make my day. So I want all of you to have it. This isn’t about being lazy. It’s about how much I love to read what you write. Honestly. I’m going to make my way around throughout the day and leave a comment confirming it.
If I haven’t made my way to you before you get here, please go ahead and take it. I really mean for you to have it. REALLY.
And for Valentine’s Day, the fabulous Jules from Trying to Get Over The Rainbow has created this piece of blog love for everyone. It’s to share, no conditions, no rules. Free. For. Everyone.
She created it in appreciation of all the love the blogging world gives. So take it, spread it around. Remind the blogverse why this is the best community there is.
There are a lot of reminders I wanted to talk about, but I may just do that as a separate post. So, in the meantime, get your awards, display them proudly, and have a fantastic weekend!!!!