>A to Z Challenge – A Couple Questions And Suggestions
Several bloggers have posted tips on how to make the A to Z challenge more efficient.
Some of those tips are:
- disable word verification
- use a pop up window for comments
- keep posts short
- preschedule posts as much as possible
- begin going through the list of participants now to see how many bloggers you can realistically visit in one day
And I’m sure there are many, many more that I’ve missed.
Myself, I turned off word verification a month or so ago. And on Saturday, I changed my comment box from embedded to pop up.
I’ve prescheduled a few posts – still need to work on that. And I’ve alloted about 2 to 2.5 hours an evening to visit blogs. It will be a sprint, I can tell you. I also need to work on visiting blogs unfamiliar to me that are on the list.
Sounds like a lot of work, but hey, many of us did nano last November. It shouldn’t be too bad!
A couple things I’m suggesting/asking:
- Let me know if my page is easier to comment on/load. Really!
- Go to settings and enable mobile viewing. I can visit at least 3 or 4 blogs on my Blackberry during my lunch break (it takes a bit to load, my phone is old). However, some blogs I try to visit won’t let me comment….I’m not sure why…..? If you know the answer to this, please let me know.
- You may also want to see who you’re allowing to comment. Mine is Registered Users. If there is a better solution, let me know. Do any of you allow anonymous users to comment?
- If you would like to use your cell phone and have a limited plan, such as 2 G’s per month or so, William turned me on to this: www.google.com/gwt/n. This will load a blog (or any website)….without the pictures! All you have to do is put in the address you wish to visit. Just be sure to click Hide Images. This should greatly cut down on your monthly allowance usage while also allowing you to visit a few blogs on your phone. Having no pictures to load greatly speeds up the loading process, too.
- If you do decide to use your phone and for some reason, you aren’t allowed to comment, don’t forget email. If the link is available, use it to leave your response/comment. ****Bloggers: Make sure your email address is available!!!****
Well, there you have it. A couple simple suggestions and a couple questions. Let me know if this works for you, feedback is always welcome here!
Now, I’m off to schedule a few more posts and this evening, I want to begin going through that giant list 🙂